Monday, May 1, 2017

Non-Tech


Why should we hire you?

Sample:
As you can see from my resume, I have the necessary qualifications and several years of experience, but that does not capture the unique advantages I can provide to the company. At my last job, I was given the opportunity to advance my skill set, even getting some experience with positions that were above my work level. I am confident that I can bring something to the table that no other candidate will.

N:
I have a skillset that matches your requirement and I continuously think on making things better and better.
I grow and let the team also grow which is pretty much required for any organization to grow.
These are the main qualities that any successful organization looks at.
Having said this, I have come to the current discussion with you clearing all the levels, it means that even your people think that I am right for this role.



What Is Your Biggest Regret And Why?


  • The hiring manager understands that everyone makes mistakes, so don’t worry about appearing perfect. Follow these tips to keep the interview running smoothly:
  • Do not use events of a personal nature in the interview.
  • Do not fail to show how a negative experience had a positive outcome.
  • Do not blame any past mistakes solely on others.
  • Avoid saying that you have no regrets.

  • Sample:Several years ago, my advertising team and I failed to land a large project from a major client. This particular individual had done some great work with us before, so I think we took it for granted that the client would choose our pitch. We didn’t put as much effort into researching the product and understanding the client’s needs, so frankly, she chose a better-prepared team. Since then, I make sure every project embodies professional excellence and dedication.

    N: Few years back I was managing a QA-Automation grp and my team, has to give a POC to existing customer whom I already know. I thought the earlier  relation, bidding, and the poc that my team has done will impress the customer. But it failed, reason behind the framework we developed requires good automation skills to maintain it. But on the other hand, they tried some other clients as well, they have shown BDD which doesnt require coding at all. So I feel this is the biggest regret, that I haven't read the customer well and was under assumption that with the relation we had, they will be satisfied with my POCs.


    Are you a leader or follower?

    N: It depends upon the task. If the task is completely new to me, I am a follower of a leader who better knows the subject than me. If I am expert in the task then, I am a leader.
    When a group needed a leader, I was more than capable of handling that role, but at the same time, I recognize when it is better to take a step back and take direction from someone who is more knowledgeable than I am.







    No comments: